We are currently seeking an IT Manager, someone with solid Linux system admin experience.
This is a broad and varied role with a high degree of autonomy in an excellent working environment adjacent to the University of Melbourne. There is support for ongoing training and professional development in this role.
Demonstrated experience with:
• Linux server administration (Debian) - at least 4 years experience is essential
• Cisco IOS/networking hardware including wireless (802.11x)
• SQL (MySQL/MSSQL)
• RADIUS AAA
• Directory services (LDAP)
• Virtualisation (Linux KVM)
• A relevant qualification with relevant experience in a similar organisation
• Strong user focus and a genuine desire to assist
• Fluency in the English language
• Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
Position description and application details are on our website:
Applications must include a CV and a covering letter which addresses the selection criteria contained in the position description.
Applications close 5pm Friday 19 November.
If you would like further information, or to speak with the current IT Manager, please contact me:
Director, Academic Centre
St Mary’s College and Newman College
University of Melbourne
Telephone: 9342 1614