The area: Enterprise
As the emerging leader in cloud computing, Google's Enterprise division delivers cloud services and other IT products to small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies. Our team of high-achieving engineers, product managers, and sales and marketing professionals works with a vast array of partners and customers to advance the company's mission to organize the world's information to make it universally accessible and useful. The Enterprise team is among a handful of rapidly emerging new businesses that are becoming front-and-center for Google as it enters its second decade as a company.
The role: Enterprise Technical Support Engineer, Google Applications
As a Technical Support Engineer Google Apps, you will work closely with engineers, product managers, and sales engineers to improve the product's vision and to make Google customers successful. You will be working in a second/third tier support role and drive resolution to cases escalated by the first tier as part of a global 24-7 support organization. More specifically, you will provide support to customers and the first tier support team, providing resolution to all escalated customer cases for the Google Apps Product Suite.
* Provide support and resolve customer cases for the Google Apps.
* Provide technical assistance and remote troubleshooting support as part of a global 24-7 support organization.
* Diagnose and Resolve cases in second/third tier support function.
* Build and transfer knowledge to the Tier 1 support team.Develop and Request new Support Tools to drive efficiency in resolving support cases.
* Work closely with engineers, product managers, and sales engineers to improve the product's vision and to make Google customers successful.Interface with third party consultants, product managers, and engineers to solve technical deployment problems.
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred.
* At least 2 years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, or systems engineering.
* Strong network administration and troubleshooting skills with understanding of Linux/Unix system administration. Strong understanding of Web/Mail-related standards, such as HTTP, HTML, XML, cookie-based SSO, and SMTP.
* Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Internet-based applications, web servers, mail servers (Exchange, sendmail, or Postfix), and Linux/Unix operating systems. Experience with Identity Management or Directory Services (LDAP, AD).
* Experience with managing long term implementation projects.
* Outstanding account management, follow-through and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to keep pace with rapid changes in enterprise product.
Please apply directly via the following job link or email your resumes directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org