Dr D Studios is the Sydney based digital production company created by Academy Award winning producers George Miller and Doug Mitchell. We are currently in production on the CG animated feature, Happy Feet 2.
We are seeking a highly motivated Data Wrangler to join our Data Operations team . The team oversees the usage of the centralised network storage at Dr. D and coordinates data transfers to and from the production.
It is expected the Data Wrangler will maintain key relationships with the Render Operations Team, Artists, Production Managers, Engineering and Service Delivery teams.
• Track storage usage and forecast trends to assist production determine
• Ensure data is protected through mirroring and back-ups
• Restore data from snap-shots, archives, backups when required by production
• Implement data migration polices to slower storage based on
measurements of productions usage
• Liaise with team to devise systems to monitor, report, control and
maintain storage infrastructure
• Perform quality control (ensure data integrity) checks on incoming and
• Enforce productions security requirements to limit or allow access to
data for specific users or groups
• Maintain and keep up to date technical documentation of Data
• Collate storage utilisation data and report to Render and Data
• Liaise with the Render Operations team to ensure sufficient space for renders
• Provide on-call support to Render Operations team after hours
The key measures of success for this role will be:
• Development and maintenance of documentation of Data Operations procedures
• Organisation and consistency and "cleanliness" of production file system
• Level of automation of repetitive tasks
• Efficiency of policing of storage usage and enforcement of security
• Ensuring backups complete successfully
• Ensuring there is always enough disk space and renders are able to complete
• Ability to shell and python script
• Methodical/ detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritise requests with competing deadlines
• A passion for establishing processes and a commitment to continuous
• Degree (Comp Science/Eng/Software/Eng ideal) or equivalent with good
results in 2nd/3rd year programming/computer subjects OR
Relevant industry experience (IT/TD/TA/Render Wrangler/Lighter)
• Experience with Linux
• Willingness and availability to do shift work and weekends.
Find out more about Dr D Studios here, http://www.drdstudios.com.
To apply, please email a cover letter and C.V./resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this is a full time short term contract. Candidates must be Sydney based with full Australian working rights, either Australian / NZ citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or on a working holiday visa.