A Tutorial by Jan Schmidt
This tutorial will cover:
* An introduction to GStreamer terms, usage and the GStreamer pipeline model.
* Construction of simple pipelines using available GStreamer elements, building a video decoding pipeline
* Look at the requirements for various types of processing elements: Data sources, sinks, filters, converters.
* Development of a simple custom plugin for processing raw video frames
* Extending the custom element in various ways, to render video effects, provide custom communication with the application
Participants should be familiar with GObject/GLib, as GStreamer code relies heavily on both.