Linux.Conf.Au | Abstracts
Last night there were 0 people registered!
LCA 2003 started at Thu Jan 1 08:00:00 1970; it's now Thu Mar 27 03:58:51 2003.
The Ins and Outs of PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL is one of the most sophisticated open source relational
databases. It provides excellent performance, a large number of features,
adherence to international standards, ease of installation and maintenance
This tutorial will:
- Provide a brief introduction to the database itself
- Survey the features of the database including: extensive support for
SQL92 and SQL99, transactions and multiversion concurrency control,
support for many hardware and software platforms, sub-selects,
views, cursors, user-defined functions and types, and full backend
- Show how to install, configure, start and stop the database server
- Survey PostgreSQL's SQL extensions
- Look at the C client library for Postgres, with examples of the usage
of all functions
- Explain procedural languages -- in particular, PL/PgSQL: the Postgres
- Review the Server Programming Interface (SPI) for backend extensibility
- Provide extensive examples of code where relevant
Scripting by James and Bernard.
The original Tux penguin is copyright by Larry Ewing.
Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.
© 2002 Linux Australia.