AOS Group is seeking a part-time systems administrator with an interest in software development to join its Melbourne team in the CBD.
This role you will be reporting to the Systems Manager and will be responsible for system administration of our world-wide infrastructure and support team members at multiple
Essential skills, attributes and expertise:
- Debian/Ubuntu Linux Installation & Administration
- Strong networking skills and experience with firewall configuration
- Experience with server backups automation
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Hardware maintenance skills
- Shell scripting and Perl programming
- Working knowledge of email servers
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with VPN
- Experience working with Mac OS X
- Familiar with virtualisation
- Working knowledge with Artificial Intelligence including Intelligent Software Agents, and Machine Learning (experience in JACK® highly regarded)
- Exposure to software development in Java or C++
- Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
AOS is the world's leading developer and supplier of reasoning software products. C-BDI™, JACK® and CoJACK™ provide the tools required to develop autonomous and intelligent agent software systems that are both goal-directed and reactive. Intelligent agent-based systems are built from distributed reasoning entities that cooperate to achieve their goals. AOS is one of very few companies to have commercially deployed such systems.
AOS is an exciting company to work with; it is an unusual opportunity to work in Australia at the forefront of “high tech” software, and compete directly with companies in world-class high technology hubs. AOS’s software team is internationally focused, and works with groups in Melbourne, Cambridge UK, Houston and Trento, Italy. Intelligent and autonomous systems are rapidly becoming feasible; our products are installed in the latest generation of Unmanned Air Vehicles, mobile target systems and are used by the world’s largest offshore oil operator. This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work initially in defence, and then to broaden their horizons to work in the oil & gas and mining industries.
AOS Group is comprised of Agent Oriented Software Pty Ltd (Melbourne, Australia); Agent Oriented Software Limited (Cambridge, UK); and Agent Oriented Software, Inc. (Texas, USA).
More information about AOS Group can be found our website: www.aosgrp.com
To apply this role and upload your cover letter & resume, please fill out the following form http://goo.gl/QSVbvJ
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Direct applicants only, no recruiters/third party vendors, please.