The conference venue is now officially confirmed as being at the Qld. University of Technology - Kelvin Grove campus. Unfortunately due to the damage sustained by the recent floods in Brisbane, the original buildings located at QUT - Gardens Point campus will not be available for the week of the conference.
Linux Australia News
Stay informed on what has been happening in the community and access Linux Australia meeting minutes.
- Wed, 2011-01-12 20:05 - 20:50
Special emergency meeting between the LA council and the LCA organising team to discuss how the flooding can or will affect LCA.
The linux.conf.au team will take care of communication:
- talk to attendees
- talk to venues
- talk to sponsors
- talk to government (city council, mayors office, state government)
The LCA team will post daily daily updates.
- Tell attendees final go/no-go date (Monday evening)
- Tell attendees metrics for cancelling.
- Wed, 2011-01-05 20:12 - 20:26Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel
- Apologies: John Ferlito, Lindsay Holmwood, Alice Boxhall
- Present: Joshua Hesketh, Elspeth Thorne, Michael Carden, Peter Lieverdink
- Accept minutes of Last Meeting
Proposed: Elspeth, Seconded: Michael, Carried unanimously.
- Status update on LCA2011
- Status update on LCA2012
- Status update on Drupal Down Under
- Status update on WordCamp Melbourne
- Thu, 2010-12-16 20:12 - 20:36
Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel
Nominations for the 2011 council election are now open. All current members may nominate another member or themselves for all positions. Candidates require two nominations for any position before they can accept that nomination. If you want to stand in the election or know someone who wants to stand, please nominate.
You can view details and nominate at: https://www.linux.org.au/membership/