Council Meeting 04 July 2013

Council Minutes Thursday 4 July 2013

MINUTES Council Meeting

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
2. Log any correspondence for discussion or receipt
3. Review state of action items from previous meetings
4. Discuss starred items
5. Note any unstarred items
6. Other business

Meeting opened 1956hrs. Quorum was achieved.

Present: Mr Joshua ‘El Presidente’ Hesketh, Ms Kathy Reid, Mr Josh Stewart, Ms Bianca Gibson

Apologies: Mr Hugh Blemings, Mr Clinton Roy, Mr Francois Marier

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata

MOVE that the minutes from 20 June are correct
MOTION by El Presidente that minutes of 20 June are correct, SECONDED by Josh Stewart, carried with two abstentions.

2. Log of correspondence

Discussions on mailing lists (specifically EFA support)
MOTION by El Presidente that Council discuss options to progress support for the EFA Citizens Not Suspects campaign via email discussion to save time. SECONDED by Kathy, passed unanimously.

CampJS
ACTION: El Presidente to follow up with Clinton about this during PyCon-AU

Nomination of open source advocates proposed by DANIEL BLACK
General discussion that Council should be supportive of this initiative, given that Daniel has volunteered to do much of the work around it; we should play an enabling role. Noted that the community has very high calibre candidates.
DECISION: Council offers their in-principle support and would be happy to help review a submission, and subject to the nomination may choose to endorse the submission.
ACTION: Bianca to liaise with Daniel to let him know of Council’s position

Invoice from nconnects

Billed automatically, no action required.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

(Refer Trello for action items and please update current status before meeting)

Josh to follow up AUIGF with PAUL SZYNDLER

Kathy to follow up submission of AGM minutes

Kathy sent a note of support to bdale.

4. Items for discussion

a. Aus Government open document format
http://agimo.gov.au/2013/05/28/views-sought-on-annual-review-of-the-common-operating-environment-policy/

Josh Stewart has pretty much finished a document. Will polish and send to council for review before submissions.

c. Responses to call for participation and followup required ACTION: El Presidente to do a followup of webteam.

d. LCA2014 update

CFP’s close this weekend!

e. LCA2015 bid process update

Closes the 8th of July. No action until then.
ACTION: Josh to follow up teams.

f. Pycon AU update

On tomorrow. Everything looks good.

g. Shaun Nyquist travel request

We approved. Josh to check with Clinton about status of further funding.

h. Media subcommittee and Newsletter update

No submissions. Need more.

i. Drupal South

j. Drupal Gov

k. Joomla Day Sydney

l. WordCamp Melb (wrap up)

No updates.

5. Items for noting

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/ - 100 odd days to go until Software Freedom Day

6. Other business

7. Items discussed IN CAMERA

Two items were discussed in camera and are not made public for reasons of confidentiality

Meeting closed 2018hrs