Council Meeting 23 May 2013

Thu, 2013-05-23 19:50 - 20:20

Council Minutes Thursday 23 May 2013

MINUTES Council Meeting

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
2. Log any correspondence for discussion or receipt
3. Review state of action items from previous meetings
4. Discuss starred items
5. Note any unstarred items
6. Other business

Present: Hugh Blemings, Clinton Roy, Josh Stewart, Kathy Reid

Apologies: Josh Hesketh, Bianca Gibson, Francois Marier

Quorum was achieved

Meeting opened 1950hrs

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata

MOVE that the minutes from 09 May are correct

MOVED by Hugh, SECONDED by Clinton, carried unanimously

2. Log of correspondence

Membership - In the period since last meeting 09 May, there have been 9 applications for membership of LA. These have all been approved. Membership stands at 2938 according to MemberDB.

Insurance policy renewals from HIMAN BHINDI at oamps
Higher level of cover requested, and specific coverage for universities also included
No further action required.
ACTION: Note for review at end of 2013 to hand over to next committee as the insurance falls due near to hand over.

Sponsorship of AUIGF from PAUL SZYNDLER at AUDA
ACTION: Kathy to send for comment to the linux-aus list and seek community feedback.

DRUPALGOV proposal from CHRIS SKENE
MOTION by Kathy that a Subcommittee form headed by Chris Skene to run DrupalGov, SECONDED by Hugh, carried unanimously (incl Josh Hesketh proxy vote)

DRUPALSOUTH Subcommittee proposal from JOSH WAIHI
MOTION by Kathy that a Subcommittee form headed by Josh Waihi to run DrupalSouth, SECONDED by Clinton, carried unanimously (incl Josh Hesketh proxy vote)

LinkedIn Linux Australia group ownership from SRIDHAR DHANAPALAN
ACTION: Josh Stewart to reply to Sridhar and take on moderation

New Albury/Wodonga LUG from CHRISTOPHER WIDDOWSON
ACTION: Kathy to send to webteam for update

Brisbane Rails Girls invoice for $500 for payment (via ROBERT FELDMEN), to be paid to RIVER CITY LABS
ACTION: Kathy to chat with El Presidente offline to figure out a way to pay

Open Food Web invoice for $2000 for payment via KIRSTEN LARSEN, to be paid to OPEN FOOD WEB
ACTION: Kathy to chat with El Presidente offline to figure out a way to pay.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

(Refer Trello for action items and please update current status before meeting)

4. Items for discussion

Progress of sponsorship for GovHack (Pia Waugh)
Gold level $5000, logos up. Discussed who could represent Linux Australia as a judge. Issue raised of what travel is involved. The person would be representing Linux Australia and should reflect our values while making a judgement.
ACTION: Council to discuss on list

Call for Subcommittee Participation - any responses

Linux Australia spiel - any responses from subcommittees

no further action

LCA2014 update

LCA2015 bid process

ACTION: All to review on Google Docs and go back to Josh with feedback

PyCon AU update

Shaun’s travel request, update. Clinton has not caught up with Shaun.

No updates so far. Getting closer to date.

ACTION: Clinton to catch up with Shaun to get more info

Media subcommittee and Newsletter update

LUGs meeting details

HUMBUG are planning on doing a time lapse video which would be useful

Pretty good response from LUGs, can ask for more content / updates / stories etc.

Joomla! Day Sydney

Keep tracking

Wordcamp Melbourne

We should ask for a debrief reported - Dee Teal
ACTION: Kathy to ask Dee for a quick report

5. Items for noting

Insurance policy has been paid.

6. Other business

7. Items discussed in camera

(One item was discussed in camera and is not made public for privacy reasons)

Meeting closed 2020hrs