Wed, 2010-10-06 20:06 - 20:32
Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel
- Apologies: Elspeth Thorne
- Present: John Ferlito, Peter Lieverdink, Joshua Hesketh, Michael Carden, Lindsay Holmwood, Alice Boxhall
- Accept minutes of Last Meeting
Minutes of planning weekend were accepted unanimously
Previous teleconf minutes need amendment before posting
- Status update on LCA2011
Sponsors are coming on board and looking good. The budget has been tidied up, so the wild guess numbers are now more concrete.
- Status update on LCA2012
Weekend of 30/31 Oct is when we'll go to Ballarat to do a team meeting and site inspection. Will discuss logistics after the teleconf.
- Status update on Drupal Down Under
Sponsors are signing up and keynotes have been announced. Registration can open once we decide on a payment gateway.
- Status update on Survey
John will work on survey later today.
- Diversity policy
A team list now exists.
- Brendan Scott's project
Awaiting an invoice for part 1.
Remove from next agenda.
- Community wiki
- Insurance query re HackerSpaces; machinery accident cover etc?
Awaiting a reply from the insurance company. They're looking at a commercial lease on a property. How can we mitigate risk if we were to underwrite this? If we can mitigate risk, happy to help them
- Associations Incorporation Act 2009
- Planning weekend
We had one, it was awesome.
- Tag & testing
Revisit next time it comes up with a venue.
- Education Show Melbourne
Received a brochure with early-bird pricing. It'll be on in August 2011. Find out if anyone would be interested in coordinating this.
- Action Items
Each council member provided an update on the progress with their action items.
- Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.