Council Meeting 6 October 2010

Wed, 2010-10-06 20:06 - 20:32

Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel

  • Apologies: Elspeth Thorne
  • Present: John Ferlito, Peter Lieverdink, Joshua Hesketh, Michael Carden, Lindsay Holmwood, Alice Boxhall

Agenda

  • Accept minutes of Last Meeting
    Minutes of planning weekend were accepted unanimously
    Previous teleconf minutes need amendment before posting
  • Status update on LCA2011
    Sponsors are coming on board and looking good. The budget has been tidied up, so the wild guess numbers are now more concrete.
  • Status update on LCA2012
    Weekend of 30/31 Oct is when we'll go to Ballarat to do a team meeting and site inspection. Will discuss logistics after the teleconf.
  • Status update on Drupal Down Under
    Sponsors are signing up and keynotes have been announced. Registration can open once we decide on a payment gateway.
  • Status update on Survey
    John will work on survey later today.
  • Diversity policy
    A team list now exists.
  • Brendan Scott's project
    Awaiting an invoice for part 1.
    Remove from next agenda.
  • Community wiki
    In progress.
  • Insurance query re HackerSpaces; machinery accident cover etc?
    Awaiting a reply from the insurance company. They're looking at a commercial lease on a property. How can we mitigate risk if we were to underwrite this? If we can mitigate risk, happy to help them
  • Associations Incorporation Act 2009
    In progress.
  • Planning weekend
    We had one, it was awesome.
  • Tag & testing
    Revisit next time it comes up with a venue.
  • Education Show Melbourne
    Received a brochure with early-bird pricing. It'll be on in August 2011. Find out if anyone would be interested in coordinating this.
  • Action Items
    Each council member provided an update on the progress with their action items.

General Business

  • Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.