Council Meeting 23 June 2010

Thu, 2010-06-24 20:03 - 20:29

 

 

Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel·

Apologies: Elspeth Thorne

Present: Peter Lieverdink, John Ferlito, Alice Boxhall, Joshua Hesketh, Michael Carden, Lindsay Holmwood

Agenda

  • Accept minutes of Last Meeting
    Proposed: John
    Seconded: Peter
    Carried unanimously
  • Report on LCA2011
    Conference dates have been brought forward. CFP will open soon. Ask team to clean up and rationalise the budget.
  • Report on PyConAU
    All in hand. Tim Ansell has sent a report to the council list. Sold out. Small profit, PyConAU would like to keep this as seed funding for next year. Add to their post-event survey: Are you an LA member?
  • Status update on LCA2010.
    Nothing to report.
  • Status update on LCA2012.
    John to announce formal CFP opening. Peter may attend BLUG meeting to have a chat with Josh.
  • Status update on Linux Australia Store.
    ELX seems closed. Ping Melissa? Run our own shop?
  • Status update on insurance.
    New policy covers everything. John to go ahead.
    Proposed: John
    Seconded: Peter
    Carried unanimously
  • Status update on handover/banking.
  • Status update on accounting software.
    Set up Xero. Things nearly all moved over to start using.
  • Status update on Education Expo.
    More expenses than expected John to ask patrick to document what is involved in expo.
  • Status update on Survey.
    John and Alice to get together 1 weekend to analyse results. Peter contacted winner of comp and obtained permission to use her name.

General Business

Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.

  • John wants to do monthly presidents reports. Lindsay will help.
  • Brendan Scott legal stuff: Mike talking to Brendan Scott Draft report ready by early july Wordcamp has withdrawn their grant request
  • F2F/Planning: Second face to face / planning meeting after bids close to discuss bids + plans + survey + actions etc Ideas for topics/agenda over next few weeks
  • Media Team: James pinged, John to follow up

Finish 20:29