Council Meeting 26 May 2010

Thu, 2010-05-27 20:00 - 20:45

Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel

  • Apologies: None
  • Present: John Ferlito, Lindsay Holmwood, Peter Lieverdink, Michael Carden, Josh Hesketh, Elspeth Thorne, Alice Boxhall, James Turnbull.

Notes

  • Motion: Accept minutes of Last Meeting
    Proposed: John
    Seconded: Elspeth
    Carried unanimously
  • Report on LCA2011.
    Josh will be the LCA2011 liaison, has been helping out anyway. Elspeth will be contact on the ground.
  • Report on PyCon AU.
    Neil sent through an update. All going well. Elspeth to liaise with Tim to ship OSDC APs from Brisbane.
  • Status update on LCA2010.
    No updates.
  • Status update on LCA2012.
    No updates. No expressions of interest sofar. John to send reminder email around the start of June.
  • Status update on Linux Australia Store.
    Emailed, but no response yet. Peter give Del a call.
  • Status update on insurance.
    Details were sent through today. Need to send some LCA budgets through for cancellation insurance.
  • Status update on accounting software.
    No updates.
  • Status update on Education Expo.
    Payment has been sent made. Waiting for OLPC Australia for their part.
  • Status update on Survey.
    382 responses sofar. Three people are Linus.
    Josh will forward survey info to SAGE-AU list as well.
    John will see if he can forward to ACS.
    Peter will see if he can forward to OSIA.
  • Status update on LUG support (drupal instances + announcement)
    lugs.linux.org.au exists.
    John will send out announcement.
  • Idea from LUGs: A Linux Australia wiki that LUGs (and other Linux enthusiasts) can work on to document how to get various bits of hardware and software working with Linux in the land of the Parched Echidna.
    lugs.linux.org.au exists. It can host a general Drupal based community wiki. John will check which wikis are set up in Moin atm.
  • Jobstralia
    They seem to want to list links to our Linux jobs. We have no problem with this.

General Business

Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.

  • Michael will draft an email to linux-aus re advertising on the list.
  • Ask Brendan Scott to send a status update to linux-aus.
  • Michael would like to flag he is involved with AGIMO FOSS Community of Interest.
  • John wants to get the press subcommittee going again.
  • Thank you and goodbye for James
    John formally thanks James for his time on the council and wishes him all the best