Council Meeting 31 Mar 2010

Thu, 2010-04-01 20:02 - 20:32

Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel

Apologies: Alice Boxhall, Elspeth Thorne, Shaun Nykvist

Present: James Turnbull, Lindsay Holmwood, Peter Lieverdink, Michael Carden, John Ferlito

Notes

  • Accept minutes of ["Last Meeting"]
    Motion to amend minutes to show council accepted Brendans grant request provided finding would be open.
    Proposed: Peter
    Seconded: James
    Unanimously accepted
  • Report on LCA2011
    Ghosts will be held in Brisbane on the weekend of April 10th. Invitations have gone out.
    Will ask Shaun to send update email if he can't make the teleconf.
    Will ask Shaun if an LCA team member would be willing to join monthly lugcomms IRC meetings.
  • Report on the status of bank account access
    John has full access. Peter has full access. James has full access. Lindsay needs to organise a Westpac customer ID.
    John has a working credit card, linked to the credit account. We can pay stuff!
  • Status update on Linux Australia Store
    Peter to contact Del. Offer to send stuff, let Del throw out what he thinks he can't sell.
  • Status update on insurance
    John is cancelling our business insurance. Instead we will get events insurance, volunteers insurance and association insurance. No events cancellation insurance at this stage. We do want it, but it seems it'll take some time from the insurance companies' end, so we'll run with what we can get for now.

    • PyCon AU
      John has spoken with Tim Ansell. Give Tim the go-ahead. Will run PyCon AU as an LA event, much like LCA.
       
    • Subcommittee
      Write a policy on what is expected from orgs that want to be a subcommittee and how stuff works.
      SLUG may want to take up on this as well.
  • Russell Coker's Yubi key proposal
    The council in principal agree to Russells proposal to bulk-order Yubikeys for LUGs.
    John will contact Russell and ask him to send his proposal to the linux-aus list.

General Busines

Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.

  • John proposes we open a Xero account sooner rather than later. Import data starting from January.
    Unanimous agreement.
  • Council should work on the LCA2012 bid process document.