Council Meeting 17 Feb 2010

Thu, 2010-02-18 20:00 - 20:30

Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel

In attendance: Peter Lieverdink, John Ferlito, James Turnbull, Elspeth Thorne, Alice Boxhall

Apologies: Michael Carden, Lindsay Holmwood

Notes

  • Accept minutes of Last Meeting
    Proposed: James
    Seconded: John
    Unanimously accepted
  • Report on the status of bank accounts and account signatories.
    Some new and old CTTE members met at Martin Place branch 9:30 @ westpac. James & John added themselves and Peter without much need for documentation. LA now has $150k in a term deposit account which expires torwards the end of May and $55k in the cash management account. A new account was opened and a debit card is attached to that. John has the card. We will draft a policy on how much to keep in that account. There appears to be an unused legacy LCA account as well. Will close that. James, John & Peter are now signatories. Will probably get access in a week, if paperwork clears.
  • Any logistics required for the face-to-face hand-over meeting.
    Seems to be under control. Invite  AJ & Stewart. Start at 9am, finish at 6pm at the latest.
  • Status update on the Membership Survey.
    Pretty much done. Some members offered feedback, waiting for that. Maybe some fine tuning left to do. Take draft to F2F and all have a look and a brainstorm on distribution and results. Some suggestions to tweak some value/rating questions.
  • Status update on Linux Australia store.
    No reply to email yet. Will call next week if required.
  • Status update on Brendan Scott's grant proposal.
    No updates to report at this time, possibly ask Kimberley Weatherall for comments.
  • Decision on Education Show in Sydney.
    No final decision at this time.
  • Discussion of OSSPAC proposal.
    James suggests we forward the proposal to Shaun and see if the LCA2011 team are interested.

General Business

  • Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.
    Will discuss management of action items at F2F.

Action Items

  • ACTION: James to obtain bank tokens from Stewart, Steve and Leah and redestribute to self, Peter and Lindsay.
  • ACTION: John to compose a comment to the linux-aus list and ask for additional comments.
  • ACTION: John to add some guidelines on average hotel price to ExpensesPolicy and will add to draft.
  • ACTION: Peter to ping OSSPAC and indicate interest, but need to confirm with LCA team.
  • ACTION: John to cancel UTBox fax service.

Finish

  • Close meeting at 20:30
    Proposed: James
    Seconded: Alice
    Unanimously accepted