Located in the Sydney CBD, SiteMinder (www.siteminder.com) took out the number 1 spot for Australia's fastest growing software company as ranked by the Deloitte Fast 500 Asia Pacific program.
We are a young, agile company looking for passionate system administrators who love building systems in a collaborative, flexible and dynamic environment. Our products lead the pack and we look for the same qualities in our people.
Come and share the fun as we grow the Siteminder platform. This job will see you get down and dirty on every aspects of Siteminder's infrastructure and operations. Become an integral part of our IOPS team work closely with our dev and support team to ensure this platform remains efficient, agile and scalable. As part of our rapidly expanding company there is plenty of room for growth, we also provide relevant training and mentoring.
Term of employment: full time
Position: Junior/Intermediate System Administrator
Reports to: Head of Infrastructure
Department: Infrastructure & Operations (IOPS)
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Production systems management; co-location racks and managed servers with external providers
* Understand and manage every part of our production environment
* Monitoring, problem identification and diagnosis
* Improving current system practices and procedures
* Network and systems architecture
* BCP and disaster recovery; formulation, management and reporting
* Office LAN systems/network administration
* Interfacing with other departments internally
* Participate in planning and delivery of project based work
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
* Passionate (and/or obsessive) about Linux (Ubuntu)
* Strong communication and documentation skills
* Work well in an close team environment
* Adapt quickly and rapidly analyse complex problems
* Good networking fundamentals
* Ability to perform on-call duties in a rotating roster
Experience and knowledge in the following areas will be highly regarded:
* Configuration management (Puppet)
* Systems integration & scripting (Python, bash)
* Infrastructure design
* HA systems
* The LAMP stack
* Mail systems (SMTP, IMAP)
* Monitoring and Alerting
* Java application servers (Tomcat, Jetty)
* System profiling and capacity planning
* Application Release Management
* Web development frameworks (Grails, RoR)
* MySQL tuning and optimisation
We are after passionate system administrators to join our family, if that sounds like you please apply! Done anything cool outside of work, show us your projects.
Salary range 70k-100k depending on skill-set and experience.
Web: www.siteminder.com, www.thebookingbutton.com