hybris, www.hybris.com are expanding into the APAC region. I need a hands on IT Manager for the region, located in Sydney, but willing to travel and organise the setup and support of offices, both in Sydney and around the region.
If you are interested, please get in touch with me directly. I am the hiring manager.
Director of Global IT.
Job title: IT Manager Asia Pacific
Superior: Director of Global IT
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Date of last update: February 18, 2013
Purpose of the job:
The successful candidate will be a key player in a global IT support team providing IT infrastructure design, implementation and support to existing and new hybris offices throughout the Asia Pacific region.
The role is for a technical, hands-on IT infrastructure manager who will be managing and supporting regional technology and project implementation. The IT manager will work closely with IT staff around the world to implement technical solutions that meet business requirements throughout the Asia Pacific region. The AP IT Manager will also be responsible for implementing these solutions and supporting regional technology through hands-on implementation.
You will be located in Sydney, Australia, reporting to the Director of Global IT. You will be primarily responsible for designing, administering, supporting, upgrading and installing infrastructure throughout the region, including network, voice, server and storage technologies. hybris is going through very rapid growth, therefore, as the Asia Pacific IT Manager, you will be in a position to make a large impact by defining and implementing and building up IT to support our companies growth within the APAC region.
• Support of IT infrastructure through a hands-on approach.
• Server hardware, operating system and application provisioning and deployment.
• Network, internet and voice technology deployment.
• Regional data centre and server room management.
• Participate in design, research and development efforts leading to improvements in existing technical environments and business solutions.
• Business requirements gathering, high level project planning and management reporting.
• Contribute to long range planning and budget discussions within a global team.
• Management of vendor infrastructure services and support contracts.
Qualification (Skills Matrix):
Education: Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in general IT Infrastructure services;
• Exposure to multi office, international IT environments
• Good working knowledge of various desktop operating systems and technologies.
• Understanding of networking and storage concepts and products.
• Experience with server, network, video, internet and voice hardware.
• Experience of building server rooms or working with data center providers in region
• Proven experience building out new office technology.
• Team leader or personnel management experience desirable.
• Excellent English language skills (verbal & written)
• Proven ability to autonomously take charge of projects in a multi-site environment
• Broad technical knowledge.
• Excellent technical problem-solving and analytical ability.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within local and global team environments
• Familiarity with operational disciplines such as problem, change and risk management, project management and documentation, and status reporting.
• A service orientated business facing approach.
• The ability to deal with business users and management at all levels.
• The ability to work collaboratively with others to accomplish shared corporate goals.
• Ability to work independently on complex tasks with minimal technical or managerial guidance.
• Ability to learn new platforms and technologies and apply this knowledge to business needs.