We are recruiting a team of Data Centre Engineers to work for a rapidly expanding global cloud technical team in Sydney, Australia.
World class Cloud infrastructure and application services firm
Global leader in their field expanding their Australian Data Centre operations
Be a part of a state of the art global technical team
Our client is currently undergoing hyper-growth in Australia as they build their technical operations further. We are building a team of Data Centre Engineers to be based in the Sydney office and work as part of a global Data Centre Operations team.
As a Data Centre Technician, you will work with one of the most cutting edge data centres in the world, changing the face of cloud technology in Australia. You will be the primary contact for both internal customers (Network Engineers, Software Developers, Operations and Database Engineers) and external customers.
• Technical Support; prime for data centre technical support, problem solving and maintaining a high level of system reliability as well as resolving trouble tickets
• Operations; Meet 24/7 On Call requirements during shift rotations
• Mentoring; share knowledge and help educate junior members of staff on best practices and service issues
Qualifications and Experience sought:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with high availability networks and systems, network operations or incident response (Data Centre related support)
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a NOC environment, network support, systems support or a combination of all
• Solid understanding of Linux/Unix administration
• Experience with hardware virtualization technologies and server hardware troubleshooting experience
• Hands on experience of Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
• strong knowledge of Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fibre Cabling, Switches & Routers
• Preferred knowledge in: Server Booting: POST, BOIS, PXE, Kickstart, Grub/LILO
• Preferred knowledge in Scripting; Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about IT and Infrastructure, solving technical problems with an innovative approach to solutions. This person thrives and succeeds in delivering high quality technology products/services in a dynamic hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
For a confidential discussion please contact Saliya Katungu on 02 8023 5620.
To apply for this job, send your CV to email@example.com