Linux Systems Administrator – North Sydney, AU
Come Work for a Leader in IP Telecommunications!
Fonality is a well-funded Communications Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company based in Los Angeles, with our Australian office in North Sydney. We provide VoIP phone system services which outperform brand-name, enterprise-level solutions for a fraction of the price. We’re looking for creative people with world-class skills who thrive in an energetic setting and are passionate about their lives and their work.
We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team in Sydney and take responsibility for numerous business critical systems and networks. The Fonality network currently consists of 50+ Linux servers across multiple data centers with high-speed network connectivity. Our systems integrate multiple continents and provide the backbone for a global distribution of VoIP PBX systems. This job requires an accomplished, experienced candidate who has 5+ years experience managing Linux systems and networks of our size and complexity. The position demands a high level of accountability and technical competency.
Fonality utilizes open-source technologies to do things typically accomplished with big-iron enterprise solutions. We’ve made custom code modifications to VTund, MyDNS, Apache, and Asterisk (just to name a few) to help meet our enterprise needs. At Fonality we’re proud to make computers do amazing things and we take pride in our fresh approach to problem solving. If you like to work in a team environment to tackle problems others may believe are unsolvable, this is the right opportunity for you.
• Extensive Linux application support for mission critical services including MySQL, Apache, Lighttpd, Perl, mod_perl, NFS, SSH, BIND/DNS, Postfix SMTP, Nagios and numerous other common Linux network services
• Administration, Backup/Restore, and regular maintenance of all mission critical systems in Fonality Corporate Headquarters and across multiple data centers
• Coordinate with staff to integrate on new products and services into the data center environment
• Maintain and administer corporate VoIP network with 60 remote workers accessing voice services via internet to HQ location
• This job comes with a 24x7x365 on-call responsibility to be shared with the rest of the Systems Administration team
Linux Systems Administrator (continued)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Multiple years of Linux or UNIX system administration experience required (CentOS/Fedora Core preferred)
• XEN, DNS, Linux HA, Linux LVS Load Balancing, VTund, Lighttpd, Zimbra, LDAP
• Ability to remain calm and effective in sometimes stressful situations
• The desire and commitment to work effectively in a team environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively
At Fonality, we believe in promoting from within and investing in our employees. We offer a casual dress environment.
With some of the smartest people in the telephony business working for us, this is a great opportunity to jump onboard and work with people who are passionate about what they do. Check us out at www.fonality.com.
If you’re the rock star we’re looking for send your resume with # 206783 in the subject line to email@example.com !
No sponsorships or agency referrals.