Bulletproof Networks now powers some of the largest companies and carriers in Australia, including The Australian Olympic Committee, BlueScope Steel Woolworths and Telstra.
Enjoying even stronger growth in FY11 and as Bulletproof continues its aggressive acquisition of the Australian application and mission-critical website hosting market share, the opportunity exists to grow a successful career in the fast-moving enterprise virtualisation space.
* Location: Sydney (Rosebery)
* Description: Full-Time
* Probationary Period: 6 months
Level 2 Support Engineer
Position Description Summary:
Your advanced networking and system administration experience will be put to the test as part of Australia’s leading, smartest and friendliest Managed Services engineering team in the industry.
You’ll be working on some of Australia’s largest brand-name customers’ as well as Bulletproof Networks’ infrastructure, using strict Change Control processes and tools to ensure mission critical levels of availability.
You’ll also work closely with a smart and dynamic team assisting in the design and management of complex, cutting-edge high performance systems for managed hosting, virtualisation and monitoring as a service, where you will be exposed to a range of new and emerging technologies.
Support Team Leader
* Base: 75K ex. Superannuation (neg.)
* Expenses: $50/month DSL, $50/month for mobile, out of pocket expenses, travel if required
* Overtime: $75/hour
* Salary Sacrifice ($1K p.a.)
* Advanced Linux Server Administration
* Advanced Networking Administration
* Advanced Sysadmin Experience
* Netsaint/Nagios/Monitoring System Experience
* Advanced Windows Server Administration
* Advanced Firewall Administration
* Enjoying being part of a team
* Professionalism (reliability, punctuality, presentation, etc)
* Excellent customer communications skills (verbal and written);
* Strong sense of business ethics;
* A thorough, intelligent approach to problem-solving;
* Dedication to customer service;
* A motivated and energetic disposition;
* Strong Documentation
* Self starter
* Internet Networking Experience Minimum 3 years
* Linux Server Administration: Minimum 5 years
* Windows Server Administration: Minimum 4 years
Detailed Position Description:
* System administration of Bulletproof Networks’ hosting and monitoring infrastructure and Bulletproof Networks’ Customers’ managed systems
* Responding to alerts from Bulletproof’s Monitoring and Alerting systems
* Performing in accordance with Bulletproof’s Processes and SOPs
* Providing Over the Phone or On Site technical support and engineering duties for customers of the Company
* Maintaining Tasks in Bulletproof’s Request Tracking System in order to the satisfaction of the Team Leader Support
* Assistance in the Development of systems and processes for the Company’s technical operation
* Assistance in Development of systems and processes for handling the Company’s Customers
* Advanced troubleshooting
* Adherence to agreed KPIs
* On Call Duties (minimum 14 shifts in every 6 week roster period)
Induction and assisted tools training is augmented by weekly on the job training including knowledge transfer through standard escalation and delegation procedures.
In addition, company sponsored courses furthering your skills in line with company strategy are available.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org